Thursday, May 19, 2011

Q with Jian Ghomeshi

It is always a big transition moving from the city in the winter to the farm in the summer. And as I get older, it seems that this transition seems to get a bit harder every year. Although I love the prairie living in the summer, I often miss the conveniences of the city, like being able to run to the corner store at any time of the day or night or frequenting our favorite pubs, and of course shopping. 

But one thing I do look forward to in the summer is being able to listen to my favorite radio program Q hosted by Jian Ghomeshi (which I like to call my radio boyfriend). As one of Canada's flirtiest radio hosts, Jian describes his program Q as,"an energetic daily arts, culture and entertainment magazine that takes you on a smart and surprising ride, interviewing personalities and tackling the cultural issues that matter." The program has hosted numerous music icons from Van Morrison to Neil Young and continues to have the most amazing and current line up!! So, if you haven't yet checked out the show - be sure to download a podcast at CBC.ca. 


Happy Thursday,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. That's really awesome that you get to spend half your time at a farm and half in the city! Such a great set up, especially if you can't choose between the two. The radio program sounds pretty incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and it feels really nice here. I just came back from an extended stay with friends in Alberta, and they took me to their cabin on one of the lakes in Saskatchewan. it's beautiful from what I can tell from the little part I've seen. it must be nice to be able to spend so much time in the countryside :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HEART Jian! S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter