Monday, May 09, 2011

Fashion in the Forest

Since we have arrived in St. John's, the local people have been telling us that there is no Spring in Newfoundland. Instead, winter stays until summer arrives. However, last Thursday (Dominic's B-day), we were lucky enough to get a Spring day which we took advantage of by hanging out at the beach. I wore my new pleated midi skirt that I am absolultey smitten with.


When I ordered this skirt from Topshop, I had planned on wearing it with this Joe Fresh shirt. But when I threw the outfit on, just before I ran out the door, something just did not look right. In theory, this outfit should look great, I love both the shirt and the skirt but there is something, I am not sure what it is exactly, that just doesn't jive with me. But not to worry, I have lots of great plans for this skirt...... Does that ever happen to you??  




Dominic snapped a photo of me having a rock bath (the pebbles were so warm from the sun). 

This is me trying not to fall in the water. Such a great shot that I had to post it!




Love,
Karen


P.S - Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to my sister, who is also my most avid reader and supporter of the blog!! I hope you have the most wonderful day and I can't wait for you to open your birthday gift from me as I am sure you are going to love love love it!!

13 comments:

  1. Loveee the skirt!

    ninajj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. that skirt looks too cute. i love how you paired it with combat boots and went stomping around the fields in a skirt! badass!

    xo
    sami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! I love your boots!

    http://viralthreads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flying leap is a really great shot, and i think the one where the outfit really works the most.
    Cant wait to see what else you do with the skirt -- your post on pleated skirts inspired me to get one of my own!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Nice shots!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics in a beautiful place! I love the black skirt.
    xoxo
    http://pinkrockandfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt!

    Anouk
    http://fashiondottt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that skirt but I especially love it paired with the denim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great outfit!!! and the pictures are so fun :)

    Comments & ad views greatly loved!
    amandawojtas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sheer skirt! great shots!

    Lindsey Turner
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures, you look lovely in all of them. I really like the action shots.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous skirt! It looks great on you. I have been looking for a sheer black skirt for awhile now, but no luck. I love how they can be dressed up and down! Sheer skirts are so flirty...
    I love your pictures too, btw! I'm always picky about pictures because I'm a photographer/photo teacher, but it's hard to take your own pictures, especially interesting action ones like these!
    Very excited to be a new reader, your blog looks great!
    nikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karen, I love your boots! such a cute mix and match :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter