Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween Treats!!

I trust that everyone had a fantastically scary Halloween filled with lots of tricks and treats!!!  For the first time ever, Dominic and I didn't get dressed up and to my dismay my brother commented that maybe we were getting old. 


On Saturday night however, we celebrated Halloween with a lovely dinner with my two brothers, my sister in laws and my adorable little nephew - Otto. My sister-in-law Minna made the most delicious Finnish Beet Root Pie for supper. I would have given the recipe but sadly it was in Finnish and only Minna could read it!!

After dinner we filled our bellies with Halloween chocolate treats which was most delicious!!


On Sunday, Dominic and I watched some super scary movies and baked pumpkin cookies which were absolutely delicious!! So delicious in fact that I thought I would share the recipe!! I first saw the recipe on Pure Mod Life but hers are a bit different because she put frosting on hers - so for the recipe with frosting you can refer to her website!



Fall Pumpkin Cookies
Ingredients
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix up:  flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
  3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. 
So simple and so scrumptious!!

XOX,
Karen

4 comments:

  1. you're not old, you have other priorities! that beet pie and cookies look delish!! i will have to try them soon!

    xo
    sami
    ps. i got my earrings today in the mail! love them! thank you soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, thanks for your comment! :) Those cookies look so scrumptious! Thanx for sharing the recipe, I will definitely try it!

    ♥lasenoritadaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one word, YUMMY! :-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter