Thursday, September 16, 2010

White on White - Interior Design Inspiration

As I am sure most of you know, Dominic and I have been renovating out little prairie house.  My goal is to make our prairie abode look like a cute little Swedish Cottage. When I was living in Sweden, I spent many weekends with my lovely friends at their beautiful and quaint Swedish cottages. As a result I fell in love with the entire concept of Swedish cottage living and design.

My idea of the perfect Swedish cottage is a combination between modern and vintage. To achieve this look I am going for the white on white concept by layering different shades of white to create a room full of depth. By creating layers of white, the entire room becomes like an artists pallet - all of the other things in the room will hopefully pop with bursts of color like a great piece of art. 

Loppsilov is one of my favorite interior design blogs. The author is Swedish and I must say has an eye for style. Check it out if you have time, if not, I will leave you with a few of my favorite pics from her blog!




Hej Da,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. You've lived in Sweden? :) I've got relatives living there. I love those pics, very cute :)
    Hej då ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those pics are amazing! I'm loving all the white too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it all!! this is like my dream house! i love sweden, i've been there 2 times, and i want to back!!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter