Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall's Top Trends #2 - The Cape Coat

I must say the cape coat is one of my top trends this fall. First introduced in the 19th century, the cape coat has made a come back this season, as they were seen all over the runways and now they finally out in stores. The cape's old world feeling will be a welcomed addition to any fall wardrobe. Worn with a pair of skinny jeans  and tall riding boots will keep you warm on crisp autumn day.

Alexander Wang Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
                                                                Alexander Wang Fall 2010

Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2010 Ready-to-Wear
                                                                                 Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2010



My favorite cape is from Steven Alan's fall collection. Unfortunately the navy (which is my favorite) is completely sold out. I am anxiously awaiting to see if they restock again before it is too cold to warm there here.


Fidelity Solid Long Cape
Fidelity Solid Long Cape: Steven Alan




                                                                          Military Cape: calypso-celle.com


Cheers,
Karen


12 comments:

  1. oh yes I love capes too! I think a lot of the highstreet stores like H&M, Zara, Mango and New Look will have gorgeous capes in their fall apparel so keep looking and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love capes!! nice blog ;)
    i follow you
    kisses
    kisses
    Cheers
    http://goldenewelt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog! I am following you now on! :)
    And thank you for your comment!

    Andrea
    http://andrejkyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable blog!!
    im a new follower.. :))

    nicoleechelberger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with capes.


    chiciteasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited I got a vintage wool cape to wear this winter, and I'm also planning on belting huge shawls into cape-like creations.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love capes! I've got one from the H&M :)
    Nice blog!

    K. Annet
    http://fromtheclay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im not a cape person because im short ad it makes me look even shorter! But its so pretty wehn you're tall! Ive seen a bunch of nice ones in ZARA and H&M! But the ones you showed are ofcouse, prettier:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't like near a Zara, but if I did I am sure I would have bought one from there already!!! I am anxiously awaiting my shopping trip to Vancouver in November!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. that steve allan piece is fantastic! it remind me of a fishing dock in fall.

    www.jenniwells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. think the cape coat is def a fall essential! so classic and chic.

    http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Yves Saint Laurent cape coat is my favorite of them all. I can see myself wearing one.

    I am now following you on bloglovin also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter