Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Oscar Fashion 2010


Sunday was Oscar night and I must say that it is not one of my most anticipated days of the year - finding out who wins what but it is a great night to see which of the fashion trends made it from the runway out onto the red carpet. And although I actually didn't get to watch the Oscars due to a freak power outage, I did manage to pick up on a few trends within the reviews.

1. As seen on the runway as well as the red carpet were alot of soft pastels which I absolutely loved. Sporting the pastels, and wearing Elli Saab, Rachel McAdams was definitely my favorite. She is not only Canadian, but fashionable and stunning as well.


2. Another trend incorportaed into Rachel McAdmas dress was the abstract print, which was also worn by Maggie Gylenahaul, which was a close second for me.


3. There was general trend of softness and femininity with lots of ruffles, frills and lace. Mylie Cyres pulled this one off flawlessly in Jenny Packham.

4. And finally in a trend leaning towards old Hollywood glamour, Sara Jessica Parker looked stunning her gold Chanel Haute Couture.


Pictures via style.com

Who was your favorite??

Hope you enjoyed the show,
Karen






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter