Monday, March 22, 2010

My Own Mexican Pancho!!

I have been searching through markets around for a pink pancho. I finnaly found this one at the market in Guadalajara for 60 pesos which is about $5 CAN. Although I bought it new, I am pretty sure one could call it vintage because I think it has been in the market since the 1980's. It was super super super dusty and they actually don't make panchos this color anymore. The only time they made them was in the 1980's. So I feel very privileged for having this unique, one of a kind piece.

Although the pancho is a bit big,  I think I will try to doctor it up a bit when I get back to Canada.  I was thinking about making the sleeves a bit smaller and hemming the bottom to make it a bit shorter as well. For now however I will just roll up the sleeves and I am sure they will be fine.





Pancho: Bought in the market
Jeans: Zara
Shoes: Birkenstocks

XOXOX,
Karen


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for finally talking about > "My Own Mexican Pancho!!" < Loved it!

    Have a look at my web site: cash advance loans in ga

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter