Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Fair is in Town!!

I took these pictures a few weeks ago when the fair was in town. This stand had the most amazing selection of candy and sweets - if you are into that kind of thing, which I definitely am! Not only was the candy amazing but the socio-cultural aspect of the fair was super cool as well. All of the stalls served a dual purpose of the stall and a house. At night, the entire family who owned the stall would sleep behind the stall in the make shift tent. At the end of the fair, the entire family would pack up, with the stall prepared to move to the fair's next location. 

I thought the fair's people were kind of like Gypsies - who travelled with their houses and I really liked that idea. I think because I sort of feel like a Gypsy in many ways. Right now we also travel with all of our stuff in our truck, moving from place to place, setting up a life for a short but sweet time and then moving on to our next adventure. Would you like to be a Gypsy??


Coconut Macaroons
Gummie Bears and Chiclets

Lollipops

Dzan Devlesa (Good Bye in the Gypsy language Romani),
Karen

P.S - I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to the best mom in the world!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for reading my blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter