Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Corduroy Queen

It has finally warmed up enough to wear skirts again yay!!! I was starting to feel that my wardrobe was being so confined to pants and jeans!

Anyways, this is a skirt that I sewed this fall. I bought the material for $4.00 this summer and although I wasn't quite sure what I was going to make with it, I knew I had to have it. The material is corduroy, which I think is perfect for fall/winter. While the corduroy is ultra modern, the patterned dainty, little roses add that extra bit of antiquity which I love.

The design of the skirt was inspred by a skirt from Steven Alan's fall collection. While I couldn't find the pattern I wanted, I decided to design the skirt by combining two completley different patterns (Burda 7741 and Simplicity 2656) . I think it turned out quite nice and it fits perfectly!!!

I am sure that I will get many wears out of this great skirt!!




Ciao for now,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    just found my way to your blog -nice looking skirt! Happy New Year from all of us *just enjoying my glass(es) of Prosecco, one of my favourites also..*
    Paivi & the Boys from Finland

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!! I love reading them!!!

 
Free Hit Counter